Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Greetings

Greetings Asheville! I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ted Muncy and I am the current President of MALT, The Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters, Asheville's own Homebrewing Club and Community. I feel priviledged to have the chance to share some of my thoughts and opinions on Beer and Brewing with you. I'd like to share a little about MALT with you in case you aren't familiar with us. We are a group of people who share a love of beer, brewing, wine making, cider making and mead making. We usually meet once a month but frequently have loose social gatherings and field trips as well. Our goals are to:
-Educate novice and experienced members to further their brewing knowledge.
- Support the American Homebrewers Association and Beer Judge Certification Program.
- Organize and sponsor the "Blue Ridge Brew Off" and keep it fun for all participants.
- Hold regular meetings where members share tastes of beers and meads they've brewed.
- Tour local and regional breweries and host responsible tasting events.
- Support CBoY, CMBoY and CMMoY and the sponsoring clubs in North & South Carolina.
- Host "Brew Ins" where club members brew together.
MALT welcomes all homebrew enthusiasts or those interested in learning how to brew to join our club. I look froward to seeing you at one of our functions!
We are very fortunate to have an abundance of high quality, hand crafted beer brewed right here in Asheville and I urge all of you to stop by a local taproom or pub that serves locally brewed beer and support Asheville's brewing community by lifting a pint or two! Look for my ongoing blog entries in the days to come!
Be Safe and Take Care,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment