Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm back

I'm back after a two-week absence. We visited relatives in Florida and I had a lot happening. Next time I leave for awhile I'll ask my co-bloggers to fill in for me while I'm away.

If anyone is heading to Orlando I highly recommend checking out the fine beers from Orlando Brewing. The brewery has a taproom and their beers are also available at upscale bars and restaurants in the Orlando area. I visited the brewery where I tried a sampler of all available beers and was very impressed. In particular, the mild ale was an excellent representation of an English style not often made in the US. I talked with brewmaster Ed Canty and learned that they plan to start canning within a few months. This will place them in company with Oskar Blues in Colorado and Top of the Hill in Chapel Hill which are among the handful of craft brewers that currently package their product in cans. I wish them well and look forward to bringing home some six packs on my next trip to Florida.

I can't believe fall is almost here. The annual Brewgrass festival is just weeks away. Get your tickets now. Tony Kiss reported in today's Citizen-Times that tickets are already half-gone. Has it really been a year since the blast at the ballpark?

No comments:

Post a Comment