Friday, March 16, 2007

The Lucky Otter

The wife and I sometimes catch a quick bite at the Lucky Otter, located at 630 Haywood Road in West Asheville. On our most recent visit earlier this week, I was much impressed by the beer choices which seem to have grown recently. There are now 8 taps, pouring such excellent brews as 420 Pale and Storm King from Sweetwater Brewing Company, 13 Rebels from French Broad, and Highland Gaelic. About 30 bottle choices featured several beers each from Sam Smith's and Flying Dog.

The Otter is really a restaurant, but I'll be adding it to my pub crawl site as the beer selection is excellent. Staff members I spoke with said it would be OK if someone sat in the bar area and had only a beer, but I recommend you have some food as well. The burritos are excellent.

Incidently, many people aren't aware that the owners have a sister restaurant in Boone called The Black Cat. I eat lunch there regularly. Same menu as in Asheville with some good beers as well.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Otter.

    Yo, Pubcrawler, didja hear about this?

    LINK: "March 22, 2007
    4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
    Free beer at Bruisin’ Ales, tasting thanks to Newcross Distributing!

    Stop by and sample these fine gems:

    EKU Pilsner (Germany)
    Gavroche (French red farmhouse ale)
    Wee Beast (Scotch ale, Scotland)
    Goliath (Tripel, Belgium). "

    ReplyDelete